A contract constitutes a deal between your company and the company of a different player or city. It is an agreement where you both agree to exchange something(a good or service) for a certain amount of money and with a certain frequency for a certain amount of time.
Different branches can offer different contracts.
In general there are 3 categories of contracts the game currently has:
- Rent - You rent out an office
- Services - You provide a service
- Sell Goods - You sell goods on a regular basis (each minute)
To go in more detail below
Rental contracts are contracts you can only offer if you have an office wich you can rent to others. Each office you have you can rent out seperately.
Service contracts can be divided in a few more sub categories:
- Current account (Bank): You offer an interest payment in exchange for safekeeping someone's money
- Loan (Bank): You offer someone a loan, he pays it back over a certain amount of time and with interest. (Take note of the 'allow splitting this contract' option you have. Instead of having to offer alot of different loans, you can offer a very large loan & select this option so people can take from that loan what amount they need - the interest they pay is automatically adjusted to be correct)
- Electricity (Power Plant): You offer Electricity to other players, they use this to power their machinery. When players signed multiple deals, they'll be provided by the cheapest one first.
- Fuel (Oil Refinery): You offer Fuel, used to power Vehicles. When players signed multiple deals, they'll be provided by the cheapest one first.
- Transportation (Transport): Transport is the backbone of the industry, most branches need it, you offer to do it for them. When players signed multiple deals, they'll be provided by the cheapest one first.
- Storage (Warehouse): Goods need storing between the different branches they move through, offer storage so players can have a nice and well functioning line of production. When players signed multiple deals, they'll be provided by the cheapest one first.
All goods that are not designed by an engineer can be sold via contract. This means your goods are exchanged every minute for money. If you sign this deal, ensure that you can produce what you say or you will be fined for not delivering. (You pay the price the other had to pay - so avoid this)
The termination notice is useful if you want to make it impossible for both parties to end the contract immediatly. It is a safeguard measure that can be used to ensure that you can find a replacement contract before your old contract expires. Example: When set to 12 hours, both parties will have 12 hours to find possible replacement contracts to replace the one that was terminated, as to ensure business continuity. The contract will be void once those 12 hours have passed.